Tuesday 7 January 2014

A little birdy told me...

Hi, I'm birdy -
Welcome to my blog of ramblings, spirituality, news and artwork - and anything else that interests me and takes my fancy enough to share.
I've been painting almost since I was in nappies - quite honestly, I remember drawing butterflies and rabbits, (albeit green ones with pink spots, but hey that's the 80s for you) and houses and trees and everything in between since nursery school and at home with my father, who used to sit and watch me create stuff for hours - I loved drawing, painting, cutting, sticking.. making anything that came to my tiny imagination.
My mother was artistic - a shame she never pursued it. Every Friday when I attended nursery school, a book had to be signed out from the library, read, and a review written in a special notebook so the teacher could see regular reading progress. Every alternate page was blank for a drawing if desired, but no-one drew pictures at the age of 2 - except me - although mostly, my mother drew pictures for me to colour in. Green with pink spots eventually became detailed shading of hues with coloured pencils and I regularly won drawing / colouring / design competitions between the ages of 5 and 10, both locally around town and at school before achieving an A* for art at GCSE level.
Regretfully, I didn't take an A-Level in any form of art & design because music was my chosen career path back then and I feared it would be too time consuming on that, alongside my other subjects, maths, English literature and German.
Not a tremendous amount happened artistically after that - I diverted off into music - teaching piano, playing for concerts & events, then modelling, then photo manipulation. I got married, divorced, diagnosed with manic depression - which I suppose inadvertently threw me back into creating stuff. It took my mind off things whilst coming out of a depression. I'd draw and paint, do origami and make things for friends as gifts, for birthdays, Christmas and just because I felt like it at the time. Art is and always has been a very personal thing to me and I don't want that to ever change.
I suppose I take after my late grandfather in music and art; he was a church organist and an artist, detailing many fine and pen & ink drawings, oil paintings and works in watercolour in his 80-odd years, also creating sculptures of ships, measuring details to the last 1/4 of a millimetre. His work was always incredibly well prepared and extraordinarily intricate - I wondered how he had the patience to be so precise and pay attention to detail so fine, that you would struggle to see with the naked eye, but whilst our styles are very different, he and I are similar 'perfectionists' in many ways.

As for 2014 birdy, I'm a naughty unconventional 'lil hippie, a chocoholic - I love nature, the spiritual world, the Sixties, photography, music, art, massages & aromatherapy, partying, festivals, lingerie, men and women. I absolutely revel in the arts and live up to my Aquarius (creator) / Pisces (dreamer) qualities.
I have a beautiful 9 year old German Shepherd dog, Jimski & do various work now relating to design & photo manipulation, spending my days either modelling for various photographers & artists, or creating art myself, usually on canvas with the intent to exhibit my work in the near future. I've had previous experience in retail, piano teaching, classical music in general, (providing piano recitals, concerts, accompanying work & background music for events as well as playing the organ for church / carol services) working with & looking after children in school holiday clubs, and being an au pair to irresistible, Kennel Club bred Doberman pups.
I'm hugely temperamental, but then I'm a creative manic depressive, what the fuck do you expect ;)
Love those who can think outside the box, love to create, coordinate, decorate, lavish affection on anything that grabs my attention, write songs, poetry and have a drink and a dance.
Astrology, spirituality, sexuality, the supernatural, psychology and the effects of positive thinking on the mind are just a few other things in my little life that fascinate me and make me wonder.

I sincerely hope you enjoy being here, and following my interests and creations.

birdy x



___________________________

"Art has always been a passion of mine. I love standing in front of a great painting, trying to feel the emotion, trying to analyse the colours, textures. I love creating art of my own with paints and pastels in the same way I love being part of it. To stand as the subject and throw shapes, convey endless emotion in a mere few seconds and feel that great achievement upon receiving the finished piece; I have come to appreciate all my work as art."

4 comments:

  1. many best wishes here and on deviant Art too
    warm regards
    danish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me here from Google+ Danish, I hope you enjoy my posts & please feel free to hit the follow button so you can keep up to date with new work :) Have a great week!
      birdy x

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see all you have to share with us about your adventures :) Lots of luck and love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good blog! Can't wait to read yours. Luck and love. :)

    ReplyDelete